• Search this blog

AddThis Share This Article Get Updates by Email email2 Tell a friend



In Guy Kawasaki's blog, it says that many people have requested list of his favorite books, so here you go, Guy Kawasaki's Ten Favorite Books:

"This book opened my eyes with evidence and findings about innovation. Bob Sutton would be very happy with this book because of its scientific basis. Here's a question to determine if you need to read this book: What's the maximum distance the sales people should be from the engineers in startup? Hint: It's less than the distance from Santa Clara to Bangalore."


"I can't stand bad grammar. This is the definitive book on how to handle the tweaky issues that come up in writing. I once read it cover to cover--dare I admit this?"


"Perhaps my favorite book of all time. It was my guiding light when I first started writing. Obviously, the book is for writers, but if you substitute ”program,“ ”market,“ ”evangelize,“ or ”start“ for the word ”write,“ you'll see why its concepts are widely applicable. If you only buy one book from this list, make it this one."


"A lovely book that gets into the minds of the ”genius“ award winners of the MacArthur Foundation. There's a lot to learn about ”mastery“ from these award winners and much of it can be applied to business."


"This book should“ have been called, How Entrepreneurs Think because it explains how entrepreneurs confuse themselves. I salute the people who can read this book and not find a mistake of reasoning that they've made."


"A classic. Probably the best book ever written about hockey tactics--although this opinion is coming from a Hawaiian who took up hockey at forty-eight, so you never know. Also, I've read it twice, and I'm still not very good."


"I learned the hard way about chasms while working for Apple. The early adopters are easy--“main street” is hard. Entrepreneurs should read this book when they are cranking out their “conservative” sales projections."


"Another formative read for me. I devoured this book while in college. I can't say that I've always been an effective executive, but Peter Drucker was a hero of mine."


"This was a formative read for me: it taught me why it's so hard to come up with a second hit and why startups often have the advantage when creating curve-jumping innovation."


"Every sales and marketing person needs to read it."


Source:
http://blog.guykawasaki.com



Guy Kawasaki Who?
Guy Kawasaki is a managing director of Garage Technology Ventures, an early-stage venture capital firm and a columnist for Entrepreneur Magazine. Previously, he was an Apple Fellow at Apple Computer, Inc. Guy is the author of eight books including The Art of the Start, Rules for Revolutionaries, How to Drive Your Competition Crazy, Selling the Dream, and The Macintosh Way. He has a BA from Stanford University and an MBA from UCLA as well as an honorary doctorate from Babson College.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Like what you read? Then please sign up for Free Email Updates.
Your Ad Here
Clicky Web Analytics ss_blog_claim=97ecb57082a7f066aef5d0c86d1492fd