• Search this blog

AddThis Share This Article Get Updates by Email email2 Tell a friend


Hilary Swank's favorite books:

"Hilary Swank: To Kill a Mockingbird, I would say is still my favorite book and was one of the most moving books I remember reading as a child. I just loved it. Scout, this little girl who felt like she was going through so many similarities that I was going through, it was just a wonderful reminder that I wasn't alone, really, in a way."


"HILARY SWANK: You know, I loved that book, "Eat, Pray, Love.” ("Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman’s Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia” by Elizabeth Gilbert). That was a great book, and I love to travel and I've been to a lot of those places and so obviously it was good timing for me."


Source:
http://www.achievement.org
http://www.moviesonline.ca



Hilary Swank Who?
Hilary Ann Swank (born July 30, 1974) is an American actress. Her Hollywood film career began with a small part in Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1992) and then a major part in The Next Karate Kid (1994), where she played Julie Pierce, the first female protégé of the sensei Mr. Miyagi. She has become known for her two Academy Award-winning performances: first as Brandon Teena, a transgender man (FTM) in the movie Boys Don't Cry (1999), and a struggling waitress-turned-boxer, Maggie Fitzgerald, in Million Dollar Baby (2004).

Awards won Academy Awards Best Actress
1999 Boys Don't Cry
2004 Million Dollar Baby Golden Globe Awards Best Actress - Motion Picture Drama
2000 Boys Don't Cry
2005 Million Dollar Baby Screen Actors Guild Awards Outstanding Lead Actress - Motion Picture
2004 Million Dollar Baby Other awards NYFCC Award for Best Actress
1999 Boys Don't Cry


.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Like what you read? Then please sign up for Free Email Updates.
Your Ad Here
Clicky Web Analytics ss_blog_claim=97ecb57082a7f066aef5d0c86d1492fd